SOPAT developed and optimized a powerful tool to characterize solid particles inline within cocoa mass and chocolate: The ChocoScope. In confectionary products, a broad range of different particles is present, such as cocoa, sugar, nuts, waffle pieces, bubbles, etc. The automatic image analysis software provides information in real-time on number and volume weighted particle size distributions (PSDs) and calculates various useful and commonly used values.
Instantaneous measurements to optimize:
- Grinding performance in cocoa mass and chocolate production.
- Also applicable for nuts, nougat, fillings…
- Reaching fineness specifications efficiently and 24/7.
- Energy consumption per Kg of product.
- Efficiency of grinding equipment to reduce maintenance
With inline monitoring for…
- Particle size distribution in ball mill outlets and refiner conches.
- Aggregation and homogeneity to monitor grade of conching
Cocoa concentration determination in mixers.
- Air bubble content determination in aerated products.
- As a powerful tool in product development and quality control